Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Today is about clay!

I feel so lucky to have hooked up with such amazing people. This woman who has lived here for thirty years has been showing me around Ajijic, and some surrounding towns. She knows the history, speaks Spanish and English and is very cool. Today she took me to a town that had an old Franciscan church where I met a man named Martin Ibarra Morales. He told us all about the history of the freeze work on the outside of the church including the Aztec influence. The altar inside was freshly gilded and was so beautiful. We then went across the street to his humble home where he showed us how he mad amazing ceramic objects. He gave me some clay too, which was so generous. Now I can start making some things. I think I'll make beads!




No comments:

Post a Comment