Monday, May 11, 2015

Flamenco and Scorpions

Saturday night, my friend Karen and I got to see a Flamenco performance which helped to raise money for local college students studying tourism. Unfortunately the sun was behind the dancer, so she is just a silhouette, but she posed for me off to the side in her beautiful polka dot dress! I also went on a boat ride out to Scorpion Island. We were the only ones on the boat and subsequently the only ones on the island. A volunteer kind of guided us to different spots to look at. It totally looked like a set for a horror film. Everything was falling apart and abandoned, and the bathroom had no running water, and the toilet did not flush! There was a pseudo restaurant that I would never eat at, but on the up side, there were lots of beautiful plants and we got to catch an amazing sunset! The boat was pretty sketchy as well. It was fun though, and I'm glad I went. It's kind of a bummer that there is this huge 8 mile long lake and no one can really utilize it because it is so polluted. Humans are lame.







No comments:

Post a Comment