Sunday, May 24, 2015

La Playa

Went to Puerto Vallarta last week. It was amazing. I did all the touristy things like take a local tour which included a trip up to a waterfall and zip line. Apparently it's where they filmed Predator. We also stopped at a tequilla place. I'm not sure what to call it, because they don't make the tequilla there, they just show tourists how they make it, and give you about 8 shots of different kinds of tequilla and then sell you expensive tequilla! I saw a bunch of huge iguanas in trees. The next day I took a boat out to the Marieta's Islands. I paddle boarded and swam through a cave to a secluded beach. I got stung like four times by jellyfish. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. The tour guide kept saying there were tons of "yellow fish," and I couldn't figure out what he meant. I thought that he was talking about yellow fin tuna which I think are pretty aggressive. Then I finally had him point to what he was talking about, and he pointed to the jelly fish. It was funny. Well to me anyway! The little town of Puerto Vallarta is super cute. The food is really good, and everyone is super friendly. I met a lot of Mexican's who used to live in California and then moved back down to Mexico. I can understand why. It's super cheap and it's beautiful. It's a lot more humid and hot, but the water is comfortable and it's a way kick back lifestyle. I took many siestas. Mainly because it's hot. It was also gay pride week, so I caught a drag contest and of course another art-penis!







No comments:

Post a Comment