Saturday, May 16, 2015

Cakes and a Penis

Went on a walk yesterday and ran into a wonderful little patisserie. The case had so many cakes and pies to choose from. We met the owner, Marco, who was so nice. He invited us back that evening for dinner, dessert of course and some music. What a treat. Javier, who turned out to be the head of the symphony in Chapala, played the Mexican Harp. It's a beautiful instrument usually used as an accompaniment in Mariachi bands, but he played solo. (his other band members didn't show up). Sienna, one of the resident artists sung a couple of songs with him which was very nice.

Today I met up with Jose Melendrez. He's a local joyero (jeweler) whom I met in his joyeria (jewelry store) in Ajijic. He took me to his studio and showed me how he works with whatever he finds and makes really cool jewelry with. He makes a lot of phallic forms, so you know we got along! Monday we are going to Puerto Vallarta!! He's going to have a pop up store in his condo, and I'm going to explore the beach and local jungle! I'm super stoked. Here are some images of him torch firing enamel. Also some random pictures of my walk and the yummy cakes!! And of course, a penis!





No comments:

Post a Comment